Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Avatar - the movie

With my last planned event over for this year (besides flying to Vancouver for five days to spend Christmas with my family) I only have had to see clients, rest and rest some more. The rest is much needed, as I was quite tired. Then I went to see Avatar.
Unfortunately our movie theatre only shows it what I call regular, but heard is 2D...whatever, I was spellbound. What visuals, and I must admit I kept thinking "what must this look like in 3D?". The images were so vivid and clear that they stayed with me throughout the night.
I also liked the story line of the indigenous peoples fighting and winning the military might, but most of all I liked the concept of the forest being of one mind. Oh did I ever like that.
If you are reading this and have not seen Avatar yet, put it into your calendar. Unless you cannot stand to watch 'war' stuff, cause there is some of that, then give yourself a visual journey like no other.
Tall blue people with tails in a land of large strange horses, birds, rhinos and foliage, with color and depth results in wonderful visuals.
The only criticism I heard about this movie was the dialogue. Yet I found the dialogue appropriate for the movie. Too much dialogue would have taken away from this movie. Especially as many of the people in it did not speak English, or if they did it was limited. And we already know when the Military Officers are speaking they are issuing orders and orders are not long run on sentences. I think the critics only said that (about the dialogue) was because they did not know what else to criticize.
Oh it was so good, I will have to go see it again, and again and again.
I give this 5 out of 5.
Now I'm waiting for George Clooney's movie "Up in the Air".
Have Fun.
Norma.

Norma Cowie
250 490 0654
Email: norma@normacowie.com

1 comment:

Wilma said...

So agree with you Norma, this movie is not just about going to see a movie, but rather witnessing an event!
Please do go and see it in 3D if you can, makes a HUGE difference!
So glad you are in a good space, just know you are still missed in White Rock!
All the best for your 2010 year ... may it be the best one yet!
Much love to you
Wilma