Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Trip home via Dinasoures

After the Edmonton Body Soul & Spirit Expo was over, I had another Psychic Party on the Monday night and then Tuesday I did a couple of readings for people and then I set out for Camrose to see my friend Diana. Her directions were very good and I drove right to her house. There I got introduced to her cat, Kat - a male cat who is a character and demands attention one way or another. Kat seemed to accept me which was good.
Diana and I had intended to go to Drumheller on Wednesday to see the Dinosaur Museum. Well, the next thing we know there is a severe weather warning for the area. In fact they had quite a snow and ice storm, so instead of going we spent the day looking around the town, having lunch and then returning back to her place to watch a movie I had bought, "African Queen". I use the movie in my Male/Female and relationship courses and although I had a video, I saw that there was a DVD, so bought it and we watched it, then we went out for Chinese food.
The next day 7.30am saw me on the road to Drumheller by myself, while Diana went off to work. Driving through the rolling brown hills, some with snow on them (left over from the storm the night before) others clear I found myself in Drumheller just before 10.00am, which is when everything comes alive there.
While waiting for the information centre to open I walked around "the largest dinosaur in the world" and then realized the store across the road was open, walked over and the kind lady there had a map and told me all the things to go see, including the best place for breakfast - it was good. Feeling I needed to purchase something, I discovered some fossil dinosaur poop....very pretty colors and bought it with a stand to show it nicely. (I even got a card explaining it all).
From there I went to the museum, which was great, the little church, which was not open (a tiny church enough for one person, which disappointed me - that it was locked up - because I love churches and would have loved to have sat in it. Then I went to the swinging bridge a short way out of the town. Now my unsettledness around certain heights came up, so took a moment and applied my new The Yuen Method techniques and cleared it and enjoyed walking over and back the bridge. Then off to see the Hoodoos, and I was done. There were a couple of things, ie a Fossil Place which I did not go to, and some mines, but felt I had seen what I wanted to, so drove over the brown hills to Calgary.
Arriving in Calgary, I was tired and when I arrived at Cecelia's (with whom I was staying for the weekend) she was doing a reading (being a working psychic) so I went to 'my' room and had a sleep for 1 1/2 hours. On the drive I had been informed I would be needed at the Big Four Building for a TV interview at 6.45am the next morning (Friday). Therefore, I had to get up at 5am, get showered, dressed accordingly and drive to the Calgary Stampede Grounds and set up my booth and be ready for the TV interview. This happened with a lovely Global interviewer named Jill, I drew her Soul Impression and we talked about that. Very soon the interview was over and I was free to return to Cecelia's and have some more sleep before it was time to get ready to go back to the expo. As my booth was ready we did not have to be there as early as we would usually have gone. A nice bonus.
Friday was busy, lots of people, I had one lecture on the Tarot which was well attended (which I always like). We are always glad when the day is over, get back home to Cecelia's place, eat food, watch some TV and sleep. Then we are up and at them again in the morning, back for 10.00am and Saturday which is our longest day was the slowest of all three days, but it helped that I had one lecture, and one two hour workshop. That took up some time. Both the lecture and workshop were on Past Life Regression, and we sold out of all the CD's I had. Another good day.
Sunday was super busy. I sat from 11.00am until 4.00pm doing readings and when I finally got up I could hardly move I was so stiff. Plus I did not have a voice left. I could not get any volume out of it. I was glad to have a break and a walk around and then get ready to break down the booth and go have dinner with other friends and sleep before leaving at 6.45am to drive back home.
Was I ever glad to get home around 3.45 pm. The tulips had all come out in the two weeks I was away and some more daffodils. The Cherry tree is in full bloom and the lilac bushes are coming alive. Home Sweet Home.
I still wish I sometimes were two people. I have had clients, and I'm needing to get ready for the Spring Festival of Awareness this coming weekend, where I will be facilitating two workshops. So taking one day at a time, as usual. Enjoying the process of getting my house back to normal - I'm still unpacking my car. I managed to buy a new umbrella for my sundeck - a green to match the back door I painted last year. Another month and I'll be back painting!!!! Summer is coming, the weather is beautifully warm - not used to it yet. Life is good.
Lots of love,
Norma.
Norma Cowie
250 490 0654
Email: norma@normacowie.com

No comments: