Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stuck in Calgary

Hi from wonderful Calgary, when I expected to be home. I drove here last Thursday for a Yuen Level 3 workshop. Stayed in a fairly new Sandman Inn where the workshop was taking place. Saw clients every day, everything was absolutely great until Sunday night. But I'm ahead of myself as usual. So lets go back to last week.
Thursday, I got up and said goodbye to Christobelle (who is recovering nicely from her knee replacement surgery) and Mike her husband who have been staying at my place. Went for my walk with Jeanne, went and had a new headlight installed in the car, then left driving north. I remembered this Mexican restaurant in Vernon, and found it, and had a wonderful Avocado and Shrimp Salad for lunch. I mention that because now that I'm the Isagenix Program, with one meal a day, those meals are very important. Then drove on to Salmon Arm, where I visited with Maggie at her Spirit Quest Store. I had to drop off some Tarot books, (Exploring the Patterns of the Tarot) plus firm up my visit there on the 22nd June. I'll be doing some readings and speaking that evening.
From Salmon Arm I drove straight through to Golden, where I had planned to spend the night, back to the motel where the hot tub usually waits for me, oh no, its under maintenance. So no hot tub for me. Up the next morning, make my shake and off to Calgary.
The Calgary Sandman Inn said they did not want you in before 4pm, the time my first clients were scheduled to come in. I was in Calgary mid day......so decided I will go to the movies, and I did. Had to wait a wee while, bought a protein shake for lunch (getting used to my program) and then went and saw ROBIN HOOD!!! I loved it, the movie review is following. When the movie was over I rushed to my car, drove with intention, got to the hotel, booked in, got settled and then my clients arrived. Great day! Felt wonderful!.
Saturday up, shake drink, down for 8.30 to the room, and the weekend began. All was well, had two clients that evening and then rested until Sunday, up for 8.30 and another day of learning and two clients. There is a lot to process in the classes, but the classmates were wonderful and had a great day. As I had lunch (a wonderful spinach salad with chicken) I had my shake and thought, I want to go see another movie. The front desk clerk helped by looking up the movies, and gave me a map and time of when the movie LETTER FROM JULIET was on.
I had a drive around as I had some time to spare, the sun was beginning to set when I finally pulled into the spot and headed to the movie. 11.00pm I come out of the movie, get into the car start it, and then when I went to put it into gear ---- the gear shift just came all the way back. No gears......no going anywhere. After panicking for a minute (well maybe two) I got out my BCAA card and phoned the 1 800 number and 1/2 hour later a wonderful angel in the shape of a young man driving a tow truck arrived. He tried for quite a while to see if he could get it working -- no go -- so ended up taking the car to a garage her recommended, driving me back to the hotel and even leaving me with his home number in case I needed a lift the following afternoon to pick up my car. How nice to know there are wonderful young men out there.
Next day, phoned the garage.....bad news.....my transmission is 'shot'. Need a new transmission, not cheap, but tell them to go ahead. After all I have to get back home, it has my tables, chairs and banners in it. Its not something I can just walk away from.
The mechanic says 'it will be about two days'. I ask "is this day one?". He says (hopefully correct) you will be on the road home Wednesday (hopefully again in the am). Oh my....now what to do. I'm staying at a fairly pricey hotel, I don't have a vehicle to get around and I know my friend Cecelia is out of town.
Ah!!! Deanne....I'll phone her. So at 10.45 (check out time is 11am) I phone her - not home, try her cell, she answers. She tells me later it was a miracle she answered, as she was square dancing and it was the break and she was sitting down with her cell in front of her. I tell her my predicament. She replies immediately (another angel on the planet) I'm busy here till noon then I'll come get you. So I go down, check out and wait in the lobby, watching 'The View" until 12.30 when she arrives and brings me to her place.
So here I am waiting for the phone call to say my car is ready so I can get back to my life. Yesterday I was able to do laundry, because my clothes were packed for the days I expected to be away, relax and go for a walk in the park close by and then Deanne drove me to the bank to ensure I have money to pay these guys (either this afternoon to tomorrow).
I was sitting this am thinking how lucky I was this went here in the City, where everything was easily obtained (tow tuck, garage to fix it and Deanne's to stay). This could have happened when I was in the middle of the Rockies where there is no cell reception. I had no warning of this, it just went. So how does that metaphysically relate. Transmission is going, you put the car into gear and it goes. Well I have been going flat stick (my last post was titled busy as a bee) but the transmission goes backwards as well as forwards). This car has had a light out, a new dent in the trunk and now the transmission. If the car is me, then I have to take a good look at the pace I'm keeping - at least that is what I'm thinking -- comments are welcome.
I think also it could be saying a new 'gear' is being made ready. I am studying the Yuen Method, it was made a huge difference to my work and my client base is getting busier.....I knew when the car light, another event, and then the dent in the trunk happened I needed to look inside, but thought I had - obviously not. So some inner contemplation will be in order over the next few days - tarot cards - will be out for sure. Personally, I needed to get another car....I was going to look at one when I got home, but now my deposit is going for the transmission, so another miracle will need to be created.
So here I am stuck in Calgary until my car is fixed (so its an enforced rest) and then home to get ready for the long weekend (Bridget is coming to visit - always busy then) when I'm having my first Saturday at the local market and then next Thursday I fly to Regina for another weekend course. I was looking forward to June when it will be more settled, home to work in the garden, get some painting done and finally get to the bookkeeping.
Hope your week was not as exciting as mine has turned out to be.
Love
Norma.

Norma Cowie 250 490 0654
Email: norma@normacowie.com

No comments: